Summer Transfer Rumours | Page 14 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours

Stacey West has a very interesting article with five potential players the club might consider. They each look to have great potential and in the positions we largely need to recruit, particularly if we are looking to strengthen the squad depth and quality. My only reservation is that they are all 22/23, which may or may not suggest being right for a tilt towards the Championship. I do wonder if we need a midfielder and a striker with a bit more experience, but they don’t come cheap. Great analysis though Chris 👍

I read all the speculation with interest and it provokes debate on a forum just as it should. My conclusion is that however much we may speculate I’m sure the recruitment team will bring in 2 or 3 players that are never mentioned beforehand. We seem very good at keeping our targets under wraps until the scarf comes out.

I read all the speculation with interest and it provokes debate on a forum just as it should. My conclusion is that however much we may speculate I’m sure the recruitment team will bring in 2 or 3 players that are never mentioned beforehand. We seem very good at keeping our targets under wraps until the scarf comes out.
Indeed most of the time it's literally just before the announcement is made something will be rumoured.
Before stuff from people ITK were leaking out rumours well before.
I fully expect 7 or 8 to leave and a similar number arrive as normally happens.
They are players in the group Michael won't want that he has inherited from Mark, always happens.
Of those offered new contracts or options activated by the club doesn't mean they'll necessarily stay.

Stacey West has a very interesting article with five potential players the club might consider. They each look to have great potential and in the positions we largely need to recruit, particularly if we are looking to strengthen the squad depth and quality. My only reservation is that they are all 22/23, which may or may not suggest being right for a tilt towards the Championship. I do wonder if we need a midfielder and a striker with a bit more experience, but they don’t come cheap. Great analysis though Chris 👍
Will Ferry is a good shout tbf. I know of Leonard but don’t remember too much about him as a player. Did Bennett play against us for Cambridge?

I assume all players at the right price are available. Wasn’t impressed with take or keeper to be honest looked weak in most departments

Will Ferry is a good shout tbf. I know of Leonard but don’t remember too much about him as a player. Did Bennett play against us for Cambridge?
Yes, Bennett played full/wing back in both games, he was their best player in a very poor team. There is a good player in there no doubt. He is a smallish lad with blond hair.
Ferry was half decent but played farther forward against us. The lad who played left wing back against us was Ben Williams, he was very good up against Sorensen for the hour before he was subbed off.

Leonard was decent in their win against us, and the stats given seem to show he was consistently decent throughout the season. Northampton player of the season. Most likely that one depends on what happens to erhahon.

So far the running rumours are

Gabriel - Blackpool
Bonis - Larne
Sloan - Larne
Edwards - Dunfermline
Stacey West Article - one usually comes true.

Mitchell past loanee
McGrandles past loanee
good idea. worth keeping this list up to date

Just putting it out there, Sam Clucas out of contract at Rotherham and he always wanted to come back.

Would be an excellent holding midfielder at this level.

Struggled with injuries but made a fair number of appearances the season just gone.